FlyFFWorld was established in early 2005 on an Invision board forum. I garnered quick attention and expansion was needed.
FlyFFWorld.com was Established On October 25th 2005. It has been over three years since the site was launched. We are now on our 3rd version. Our forum community is going strong with over 44,000 members, more than 100,000 threads, and over 1,800,000 posts. With an average of over 10,000 visitors per day, FlyFFWorld.com is the largest FlyFF fansite there is.
As a fansite we have a drive to be perfect. To be the best, and the most informative. We want to bring information that is accurate and updated. That is our goal, to be the best of the best.
When FlyFF suddenly demanded a more informational website, it took the hearts of many great contributors to help create guides which thousands of visitors would use. Through a few short months, it had grown so fast that we upgraded our servers and started on an updated version 2.0 with some new information. As the game grew, though, we needed to upgrade once more with new information that our past version 2.0 didn't have.
FlyFFWorld.com version 3 was built with the idea of something new fresh and complete. After many months of hard work, we were able to make flyffworld version 3 what you see today. The goal is not to be a set and finished project but instead, to continue building upon what was created to make even better.
FlyFFWorld.com is an entity that many have put their hearts into, in the hopes of supporting and providing help to anyone that needs it. FlyFFWorld.com is the ultimate Flyff fansite in the world!
Over the years FlyffWorld has held a number of events and games for members. These events have ranged from forum based contest to in-game pvp events with prizes to be had. While FlyffWorld is not an event driven site the presence of these events have help to build a fun community that can keep members coming back even if they no long play Flyff.
FlyffWorld Year One Anniversary
FlyffWorld Year One Anniversary was the very first in-game event sponsored by the Moderation Team of FlyffWorld. The event was planned as follows:
Main Flyffworld gathering
Location: Flaris, the open area behind the Town Hall (where Juria of the Public Office is).
Time: After Guild Siege on October 28, 2006
Server: Lawolf 3
March through Flaris
Here we show support for Flyffworld. We leave the gathering area and march through Flaris, heading North, past Dior (of the Station), past the loadstar and Iske, and head past the bridge into the area between the four buildings. Oh, we would naturally be shouting and promoting Flyffworld at this point. It's a very short march.
Event One: Race in Flaris
Server - Lawolf 3
From the area between the four buildings, those who have signed up for the Race event please contact the Moderator (Mod A) who would be on hand to confirm your attendance.
To sign up, use leave your Flyffworld username and the in-game name here. You must have a minimum post-count of 50 when you sign up, and your account must be at least two weeks old.
Once confirmed, the race will be ready to begin. Because there is no problem with overlapping sprites, all participants will gather at the end of the bridge (the one with Paul at the other end).
Mod A starts the race. The racers must run - on foot and NO buffs - to the loadstar by the broken bridge. There will be Flyffworld team members along the route to make sure no one cheats. Cheat and you will be disqualified.
Once you reach the loadstar, locate Mod B, and take a screenshot with the Moderator selected. This screenshot is needed to prove that you were actually there. Your screenshot must show that you have the Mod selected, and both you and the Mod must be seen in your screenshot.
Next, head for the end of the River of Weeping, where the Boss bangs gather and where there is a shrine with Dradpet Manager Kanane.
As was the case at the loadstar, select Mod C, take a screenshot of both the Mod and you. Then head past the Bangs, past the Mas Dungeon and into Nyangyang territory. Once all you reach and contact the Mod at the location where Zaikun is, the race ends.
And yes, select the Mod there, take a screenshot with both you and the Mod in it, and contact the Mod.
First three participants to reach and contact the Mod at Zaikun wins. The screenshots would be your proof that you finished the race.
The respective Mods would also be taking screenshots.
Here are the prizes:
First prize: Up to 1,500 Gpotatoes worth of Cash Shop items
Second prize: Up to 750 Gpotatoes worth of Cash Shop items
Third prize: Up to 250 Gpotatoes worth of Cash Shop items
This is the basic screenshot contest. They can be screen shots of the Flyffworld event or just screens of the members by themselves in-game. A thread for people to post their screens in will be made on the Screenshot Forum and stickied. Please make one post for your screens and only post screens in the thread.
Now there are a few rules to this event.
1. You must have a post-count of at least 50 and your account must be at least two weeks old.
2. At least three screenshots must be submitted.
3. Do not repost screens that already have been posted on Flyffworld.
This event will start on October 25 (today) and end on November 4, 10am central time US. The winners of the prizes will be announced on November 4, 11pm central time US.
The prizes would be:
First Place: CarnivalMask and 10 Giant Aibatt Trans
Second Place: Depending on what class will receive a Box of Duel, Box of Magician, or a Box of Mercenary (winner can ask for whatever box they would like) and 10 Giant Aibatt Trans
Third Place: 10 Giant Aibatt Trans and 10 Giant Lawolf Trans
The first in-game event held on FlyffWorld was a birthday party for then Admin SilentXHiLL on July 25, 2006.
FlyffWorld has have a lot of games to happen on its boards. The following list of games are the most popular games to be on FlyffWorld.
THE MOVIE IQ GAME
Date Started: May 17,2006
Thread Starter: Aaerdan
Here's how it works: an image will be posted, which would be a scene from a movie. The first member to give the most correct answer is awarded one point.
Most of the images would be from Hollywood movies (Meaning US movies, and NOT necessarily limited to those released in theaters) ... if I do post an image from a movie that isn't from Hollywood, I'll point this out in the same post, AND raise the point award (meaning, the first correct answer is worth from two points to five points). No rewards were given for this game.
In case of dispute, IMDB shall be referred for clarification on original movie title, full titles, etc. Because the forum system allows for editing of one's post without altering the initial post time and date, the FIRST (by time and date) most correct answer at the time I check for them would be awarded.
What's wrong with the screenshot
Date Started: October 14,2006
Thread Starter: Shinzo
The goal of 'What's wrong witht he screenshot' is to guess what is wrong with the screenshot of Flyff. Any member was allowed to post screenshots and there were no prizes given in this game.
THE MOVIE IQ GAME 2.0
Date Started: November 3, 2007
Thread Starter: Aaerdan
1. An image will be posted, which would be a scene from a movie. The first member to give the most correct answer is awarded one point. Note that while capitalisations of titles aren't important, the use of the article "the" may well be, when determining who gave the most correct answer!
2. Most of the images would be from Hollywood movies ( this means the US, and NOT necessarily limited to those released in theaters) ... but now and then an image from a movie that isn't from Hollywood maybe posted.
3. In case of dispute, IMDB shall be referred to for clarification on original movie title, full titles, etc. Because the forum system allows for editing of one's post without altering the initial post time and date, the FIRST (by time and date) most correct answer at the time I check for them would be awarded.
4. If a member answers correctly, and is awarded a point (or points) for that answer, he/she may not post an answer for the immediately preceding movie image. This means if Member A got the point for answered Image #10, he/she may not post an answer for Image #11. He /she may answer from Movie #12 onwards.
5. If the member does so anyway, the point award will be deducted from his/her point tally. The whole point here is to ensure everyone gets a chance to answer and win points.
6. Once a member gains 50 points, his/her point tally is reset to zero and he/she gains the rank of Movie Guru and gains the Movie Guru tag. Once the Movie Guru gains a further 100 points, the point tally is again reset to zero, he/she will lose the Movie Guru tag and gain the Movie Master tag.
7. Now and then the point value of each image may increase ... these would be bonus images.
8. Now and then images may be posted NOT from movies ... these would be bonus images too There will also be times when a different image from a movie posted before my be posted.
9. The point of this game is to have fun.
Rewards for this game are the tags:
For the first 50pts
For the next 100pts
Its Only Words(Association)
Date Started: December 14, 2007
Thread Starter: Beachangel23
The goal of 'Its Only Words(Association)' is to post a word that has something in common with the word above it. Any member was allowed to post a word and there were no prizes given in this game.
Guess The Anime Game
Date Started: March 11,2008
Thread Starter: Kaiko
The goal of 'Guess The Anime Game' is to guess the screenshot correctly. If you guess it correctly it then becomes your turn to post a screenshot for others to guess. There is currently no rewards for this game.
Date Started: August 31,2008
Thread Starter: SilentPredator
* Do not edit post without a reason, (do this: edit: blah blah) that way, if someone answers correctly after you, I'll know you didn't cheat or what not. And plus, Ill check the edit time.
* Only post one answer, do not guess multiple times on one post, multiple guesses on several posts, or any other way of spamming answers.
* You can not guess on a riddle after you guess one correctly. But you may answer the following one. I.E: You get riddle #1 right, you cannot guess #2 but can guess on #3. If you guess incorrectly on one, you may guess again. Just keep the spamming of guesses down. If you break this rule, you will be disqualified on the next riddle.
* If there comes a time when the thread starter is absent for quite a bit of time, please continue the game. Those who create new riddles must place a score board in their post, that way, when the thread starter does come back, they will be able to update it easily. In this said event, a person must verify the correctness of the answer to the riddle. Then the person who guessed right will continue on the game. This person will develop their riddle, and verify the correct answer. The person with the right answer will repeat this process.
* For every answer given, there must be an explanation of how you got to your answer. If there is an answer with out any thorough explanation, no points will be allotted and some may be removed. This is for those who enjoy cheating.
* At the beginning of every month, the contestant with the highest point count will be awarded the "Riddle Master" tag. This will last for one month only, and the tag will then be redistributed at the beginning of the next month. A player, however; may not hold the tag twice in a row. Meaning if you gain the tag in April, you may not gain it in May, but will be eligible in June. This is to ensure each contestant's diligence is not wasted.
New Mini-games Rules:
* There will be two new types of riddles twice a month. The first will be a chain-riddle game, where there will be multiple riddles that have another answer within them for a later riddle. However, I will not be disclosing when this game starts. Each sub-riddle will be worth one point, but the last one shall be multiple points, currently undecided, relative to the last riddle and difficulty of each sub-riddle. More information will be given when known.
* The second game will be the scavenger hunt. This will happen around the middle and end of the months. This will require more input and effort, so this may only happen every other month, or possibly longer, depending on conflicting schedules. However, if the time between is greater, the point value will also be greater. And the difficulty will also increase its value in points.
This will be a large benefactor to most lower contestants and those wanted to push far ahead of the crowd. What will happen is simple. Throughout the forum, the thread starter will be editing a certain post of theirs, previously unedited. I will hint to this post, and you must search for it. Once found, it will have another hint. This hint leads to another, and then another, until the final hint, which will be the riddle you must answer. I will be adding in clues randomly throughout the month, but the game will not start until the final clue is given. I will say when this game has started, unlike the first. The answer must be given via PM with the title Scavenger Hunt, Riddle Answer. It does not have to be that exactly, for time's sake, but close, so I know.
The reward for this game is the tag:
For the highest total at the beginning of the month.
Threads of Note
On FlyffWorld there are have been a few threads over the years that have managed to stand out from the rest.
The ultimate picture-thread!
Date Started: December 18, 2005
Thread Starter: Immoral
Located in Spam Central The ultimate picture- thread is the oldest thread on Flyffworld that is still active and as the name suggests it is the thread where members may post pictures of themselves.
A Flyffworld Tale
Date Started: August 8,2006
Thread Starter: Aaerdan
A Flyffworld Tale started when Aaerdan posted a bid of an original work of fanfiction of no less than 2,000 words in the Flyffworld Auction thread for the right to have Rooh refer to him as Lord and Master. Though gradually the motivation for writing the story became his attachment to FlyffWorld.
A Flyffworld Tale 2
Date Started: October 29, 2006
Thread Starter: Aaerdan
A Flyffworld Tale 2 was written in response to A Flyffworld Tale. This story is not a continuation of A Flyffworld Tale but a new story using some of the same members of Flyffworld.
A Flyffworld Tale 3.3
Date Started: January 9, 2007
Thread Starter: Aaerdan
A Flyffworld Tale 3.3 was written in response to A Flyffworld Tale 2 but this time the members of Flyffworld were asked to vote on who they would like to see in this story. This story is not a continuation of A Flyffworld Tale 2 but a new story using some of the same members of Flyffworld.
The Spam Central Masters
Date Started: August 13,2007
Thread Starter: AidanRyuko
The Spam Central Masters is a collection of story based threads that form a type of build your own adventure game.
The Flyffworld Chronicles
Date Started: November 13,2007
Thread Starter: AidanRyuko